Our Board Of Directors
The Board of Directors for the Greater Northside Management District was originally appointed by statue. Members are nominated by the Board and appointed by the City of Houston. According to Section 3812.052: The mayor and members of the governing body of the City of Houston shall appoint Directors from persons recommended by the Board who meet the qualifications prescribed by Subchapter D, Chapter 375, and Local Government Code.
- Chairman Jeanette Rash and her late husband, Charles Rash, are founders and operators of family-owned Zone One Auto Storage/Fast Tow . Mrs. Rash is active in the towing industry and was honored as the first woman inducted into the Texas Towing Hall of Fame. Mrs. Rash is active in several towing organizations, including the Towing & Recovery Association of America and the Texas Towing & Storage Association.
- Vice Chairman Christian Barraza is the Director of Leasing for Plaza Fiesta LLC, a real estate investment company in dense Hispanic markets in Houston. Mr. Barraza previously worked for Red Oak Commercial, Weingarten Realty and other Houston real estate firms.
- Secretary Ed Reyes has been a resident of Lindale Park for over 46 years, volunteering in the community since the 1970s as Block Captain of Fairbanks Street between Fulton and Helmers. Mr. Reyes serves as chair of Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number 21 (Hardy/Near Northside Zone) and treasurer for the I-45 Coalition. Mr. Reyes has been instrumental in supporting our community to make it a better place for everyone.
- Treasurer Linda Smith is the First Lady of New Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church, where her husband, David Smith is Pastor. She is retired after a long and successful career with the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas- Houston Branch. Mrs. Smith represents the Eastex-Jensen Area of the District and is a strong advocate for economic development in that Corridor.
- Edwin Caviedes is the chief financial officer for Houston Foam Plastics, a large industrial manufacturing plant in the Near Northside of the District.
- Jose Galindo was born and raised in the Near Northside area. He maintains his family’s tradition by running the family property and business on North Main.
- Anas Maguz is the general manager of Northline Commons, a power center redevelopment project managed by North American Development Group that replaced Northline Mall. He has a solid real estate background specializing in project leasing, tenant retention, site selection, and property management.
- Mary Lawler has served as executive director of Avenue, a nonprofit organization that builds affordable homes, since 1996. She has a Master’s degree from Harvard University’s Kennedy School and a B.A. from Duke University. Ms. Lawler serves on several advisory boards and committees, including the University of Houston’s Bauer College of Business Real Estate and Nonprofit Management Program.
- Richard Mason is the Vice President of MLB Commercial Real Estate, LLC. , who is the developer of the Houston Farmer’s Market on Airline Dr. Richard has helped bring new development to the Farmer’s Market and has extensive experience in economic growth. He is a volunteer for the Houston Livestock Show &Rodeo among other community organizations.
- Mayra Vasquez is our newest member of the GNMD Board. She is a Partner in her family business Latin Specialties LLC, & Airline Logistics. She is head of business development and sales for the company. She brings to the board senior-level planning and experience in market analysis.